Single Parent Family Martial Arts Sponsorship Program
The sponsorship program is a need-based financial scholarship program for martial arts (Kajukenbo) training in partnership with Berry Self Defense located in San Diego, CA. Kajukenbo is an American hybrid martial art. The discipline involves various arts from which its style is derived: KA for Karate and Tang Soo Do Korean Karate, JU for Judo and Jujutsu, KEN for Kenpo and BO for Western and Chinese Boxing. Program sponsorship requirements are the following:
- Applicants must be a single parent family
- Applicants must show financial need
- Applicants (i.e., parent & child/ children) must commit to 1 year of training which includes regular class attendance (i.e., 2 training sessions per week)
- The student (i.e. child) must academically hold a C average or better
- The student must be of good behavior/character
Applications can be requested via our contact page or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be emailed upon request. At the time of application submission a character reference letter will be required from a teacher (or pastor, etc.) for the student (i.e., child) wishing to enroll in martial arts training. Each application package will be reviewed by For My Child and families will be interviewed for sponsorship.